Thread: Hernias
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 12:43 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Pam,
Thanks so much for thinking of me. It's after midnight here; but will look into Facebook tomorrow. When I had cystocele surgery about 7 or 8 years ago, the urologist put my bladder in a sling and closed me up with mesh as well.

Also, in Nov. 2015, I had three abdominal hernias....2 ventral incisional, and 1 epi-gastric. All three were closed with mesh as well. But I believe the mesh is "iffy" in this area and can be prone to infection or rejection; but using the mesh gave a better chance of the hernia not recurring.

But the main mesh issues is in the female bladder with mesh closure in the vaginal area with the Cystocele surgery. I read an article some months later saying the FDA banned/warned doctors this type of mesh was not to be used in the female lining/vaginal area. Remembering back, I think the warning was sent out the year before I had the surgery.

Because the urologist did not complete tacking the rectal area from dropping, I needed to have additional surgery the following year. For the Rectocele surgery, I then became aware of Uro/gynicologist. The Urologist who operated on me should have recommended I see a Uro/gynicologist. I didn't know any better and went to my husband' Urologist. I wish I had known better.... The Uro/gynycologist who did my Rectocele Surgery a year later said the former doctor should have never put mesh and for this reason he said he uses your own tissue and not mesh in vaginal surgery.

Thanks again.

Gerry

Last edited by ger715; 03-27-2017 at 12:01 PM.
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote