View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 06:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

mrsD, running malwarebytes once a week is not going to solve all problems. I have been working on computers since 1997 and believe me I have just about seen it all.

One of the worst things I find is people click on things while browsing the internet not knowing what they are clicking on. We call this click bait. You computer can be taken over in a second.

Many times by just powering off a computer after something like this happens will fix the problem as it is only being held in memory. Many times it is to late.

Malwarebytes is just one program and not a fix it all. Right now malwarebytes has some issues itself. I have ran into several computers in the last few months that malwarebytes caused more problems than before the problem.

They are supposed to be working on this issue now but so far it has not been resolved.

Internet explorer which comes in all operating systems has issues and windows 10 has just about got away from this browser. They now recommend
Microsoft Edge even though you can still start up internet explorer in windows 10 if you search for it. I stay away from that browser and always recommend safer ones like Firefox. Edge is also fine alone with Chrome. Microsoft will no longer update internet explorer 11. That is the last of it.

There is no such thing as a fix it all antivirus no matter what they tell you. I have worked on computers with the best antivirus money can buy that are just as infected as free antivirus. Windows 10 has antivirus already built in called windows defender. It is ok but you need more tools and know how to keep a computer safe today. Cheers. Tom
threeputt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (03-27-2017)