View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 04:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLSmi View Post
I am very happy for you.

I must admit having had a great deal of skepticism concerning the real efficacy of Azilect. After hearing of your wonderful results, I am skeptical no more! I had seen where others on the forum had been taking it for days or weeks with no perceptible improvement, and even unpleasant side effects, and thought, "Yep, another me-too ripoff." Isn't it funny how hearing about good results from someone you know and believe in can change one's mind so easily? This is just another demonstration of the differences in response to meds among us regarding what works and what does not.

Happy driving, walking, skipping, dancing, as well as sitting quietly and still whenever you want to!

Robert
Thanks Robert. I wonder if the folks who found it had no effect on them might be in the very early stages of the disease. We're all different, but it's also got to do with the stage of PD you're in.

As luck (or bad luck) has it, I'm extremely sensitive to all susbstances. I can even tell when I've eaten something with Monosodium Glutamate in it, because my jaws turn into a clamp and I get extremely agitated, writhing with dyskinesia and unable to walk from my feet cramping so bad. Now, many restaurants use MSG in their dishes and don't tell you. Last summer, for instance, I had to take a valium after eating a slice of blueberry pie at IKEA that I suspect was drenched in MSG.
In the initial stages, however, MSG as a neurotransmitter had beneficial effects on my symptons.
So, we have to continuously reassess and evaluate which substances that were beneficial at first, become less so and finally have to be completely avoided.

Hugs
Teresa
Teretxu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote