View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 01:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well, I think that it would be a good thing, especially for us with nonverbal kids. It's hard for me to accept the fact that Em's various doctors can say offhandedly (seems to me, anyway) that she is or is not in pain when she is obviously in distress. I think this it the biggest way that a doctor with your particular experience would be helpful to me.

There is a doctor in the ER of the hospital where my husband works who is wheelchair bound (quadrapegic, I think) due to an accident. He works with a PA who does the actual examinations, not sure how he does various procedures, but it works quite well. We've actually seen him when I had to take Em into the ER and it bothered me not at all. I was too concerned about my daughter to care who or how the exam was accomplished, as long as Em got the relief she needed. Here's an article on him: Dr. Sam Simms.

Good luck and you know that we all will be rooting for you if you decide to do it.

PaulaScott is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote