View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 09:48 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

Hi guys.

I'm new on here - just registered today! But I'm really glad I found this site.

I've had a shunt since I was 2 weeks, on my right hand side. I'm 26 now. I've had 1 revision since the first op. My neuro wanted to see if I was able to live without a shunt, but that didn't work. So they put one back in, on the left hand side. Not too long after that op, I started getting daily headaches. They first started to occur just in the afternoons (for some peculiar reason), and now I get headaches everyday, throughout the day. Sometimes they'll come & go, and sometimes they'll be there for the entire day.

A few years ago, I went to the neuro who was on the team that inserted my first shunt. He did an MRI, and concluded that there was nothing wrong with my shunt. But still, to this day, I experience daily headaches. One thing that he suggested, that bothers me, is that I should go see a psychologist. Do you guys think this might help?

I've tried the regular headache pills, but those have no effect. I'm currently on Trepiline, just to help me fall asleep. I would like to know if anyone has experienced daily headaches, and also, if you have found something to alleviate them.
Nalstrodamus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote