Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 10:22 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I suspected you may be using coffee to counteract the clonazepam induced somnolence. I was only taking 10 mg before bed and was sleepy all day so I added caffeine to be more alert. When I told my doc, he hit the roof. I don't remember why specifically, but he said that the mix of caffeine and clonazepam is really bad. He took me off the clonazepam and started gabapentin instead.

I was on high dose paroxetine for 14 years because my brain would get caught looping (preserverance) on meaningless thoughts, sometimes for days. It was exhausting. Only the high dose paroxetine helped. Until I got fed up with the side effects and replaced it with 5-HTP and L-Tryptophan. My doc had suggested it as a possible solution. I am so much better now but the paroxetine appears to have left me with some long term side-effects.

A previous doctor, an orthomolecular psychiatrist, got me started on vitamin and supplement therapy to overcome severe depression from a severe trauma.

Are your meds prescribed by a psychiatrist or other medical specialty ?

Have you ever had your hormones tested by a neuro-endocrinologist ? Some have found life changing improvements with properly tracked and prescribed bio-identical hormones. A concussion can make a small hormone issue a huge hormone issue.

What part of Vermont are you ?
I love Vermont and your neighbor New Hampshire. I miss the green of New England hardwood forests. I lived in Vermont and NH as a child.

My concern is whether your cocktail has put you in a weakened state that makes the concussion even more of a problem. Finding the right doctor to help you figure this all out will be important. Plus, learning what you can do on your own will be good.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote