View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 10:26 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I have congenital GI issues which do sometimes end up in obstructions. It is called malrotation. Malrotation grade I ends up with the GI tract outside the body-- rather rare and very hard to fix. I have grade II which is GI tract inside, but twisted up ..mine rotated 90 degrees. It has been a lifetime of "attacks" which are exhausting and painful. I have to avoid gassy foods, like cabbage, and broccoli, and some fruits. I cannot tolerate beer, or coffee. If I have a soda, I let it go mostly flat before drinking.

I have discovered in 2016, that l-glutamine is very helpful. I only use 500mg a day. Humans have a need for glutamine, and typically 1/2 of a dose remains in the GI tract to promote healing and maintenance.

I don't believe my issues are PN oriented since I have had to watch my food carefully to maintain a comfortable day since birth. I also cannot wear tight clothing. For a man that would include no belts.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote