View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 01:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart Sweet Littlepaw !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
Hi Debi,

I'm just a sometime visitor to the PN area but wanted to say Hi!
It is good to hear from you and everyone no matter the circumstances.

I have been doing pretty well all said. Still getting quarterly ketamine infusions for neuropathic pain. I'd like to stop them but don't know if that's possible, my doc says no end point. However, they allowed me to discontinue daily meds so I can't complain about that. My injured area still fusses at me but not like it did.

With less pain and more time out from my introduction to the CRPS board I have better functioning than I've had in some time and am working out a lot, taking trips and enjoying my teenager (yes really!) I still take piano which I started 18 months ago and swear that's helped re-wire part of my pain hijacked brain.

On sinuses, I am in the club of formerly having had loads of sinus infections. I get them rarely now after a cold or other heavy congestion event. The difference for me was getting allergy shots. It wasn't a fast fix but from one year to the next my sinus health vastly improved. I don't Neti well but can attest to the benefits of regular rinsing. I just happen to do mine when I go swim laps in a saline pool. It does help a lot and I can tell the difference.

I hope you find a non-surgical solution and feel better soon. We all wish you the very best.

Sending hugs and healing love,
I read many of your posts and you are so caring and sweet....lots of knowledge too ! I'm all over NT when I'm reading

I've looked around GA but can't really find ketamine treatments. Of course I might be looking in the wrong place.
Do you think the ketamine is the reason you are doing so well ? Is that a stupid question ?

GA is approving PN for MMJ oil (I think that's what it is) but the Governor will have to sign next. GA also doesn't produce it so not sure how I would handle that if I could find a doctor to prescribe it. I haven't asked my pain dr about it yet but they did do a trial a few years ago with a nose mist. I wasn't a candidate for the trial.

I do think Florida is a MMJ state now but need to look that up. It's only a couple hours drive to the line.

So glad to hear your good news ! Getting out and doing and going is so great !
I pray I'll be able to do that one day.
And yes, enjoying a teenager is a beautiful thing ! I have a 16 year old grandson and he just amazes me and keeps me laughing when he's here.

I've thought about being checked for allergies......is it bad ? The testing ?

There is a doctor I want to see but she's in the process of moving her practice. Hoping to see her at the end of April and I'll know more then. If I get an infection flare before then I'll just have to get my PCP to put me on an antibiotic which always calms it down.

Guess I'm writing books today instead of posting ! Forgive me !

Debi
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (03-31-2017), Littlepaw (03-31-2017), PamelaJune (03-30-2017)