View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 04:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had something else alarming happen today. I tried to call my bank to get my balance and when I dialed the 1-800 number got some funny clicks and redirected to a recording that was apparently trying to sound like the bank recording by using some of the same phrases they do when they push promotions. This one asked me to take a short survey which said to press 1 if I was over 50 years old. I did and it then said I won a free life alert service and and to press 1 again and I hung up.

I went to the bank and they said it was not them and would check to see if they had been hacked and then call me. I have not heard from them yet.

I have Centurylink phone and internet through the phone line, does anyone know if I could be hacked on the computer and from there hacked into my landline phone? I am going to call the bank back tomorrow and call Centurylink as well. Old ladies don't like this garbage.

I will try the Comodo browsers, FF is kind of a pain but I use it because the browser crashes instead of the whole computer. Are their antivirus free and any good? I am about ready to download Ubuntu if that would work but I don't know if my old computer woud run it or tolerate the big download.
zygopetalum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote