View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 09:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Great start. I think the process going in and staying at the hospital could be very interesting.

On another, PN related, note: I noticed again how much stress affects my PN. We went on a trip last week, and both days before driving I was pretty nervous. On both days, I felt a lot of pain in my feet, pain I hadn't experienced in a long while.

It was a 15 hour drive (over 2 days), and it doesn't matter as passenger or driver, as I'm a horrible passenger and prefer driving. I did 12 hours in total coming back (2 stints of 6, my wife drove the rest), and ... had almost no pain at the end of it. Once home, it completely went away (bar the usual discomfort). That can't be a coincidence.

I know rationally I shouldn't get stressed about something like that, but that's not how our brain works. Or at least mine. It's like your whole body braces expecting pain and suffering. But on the flip side, it's another "victory" as I now know it's possible to go to Italy - even as a driver. It's not easy, and I wouldn't be able to do that every month, but it was doable.

Admittedly, after the drive home, I fell asleep as soon as my head touched the pillow , and didn't wake up for another 14 hours.
"Thanks for this!" says:
kiwi33 (03-29-2017), PamelaJune (03-29-2017)