View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 11:20 AM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

If you do get tired of Windows & virus/anti virus issues......
You can even order Linux cds and not have to download or burn it to a cd. under 6.00 for a ready to use cd..
If interested- OSDisc.com - Linux, Beginners, 32-bit, Live

* If download & then burning a distro ISO , you have to make sure to set it to a slow burn speed for best results.*

*Or another option...if you have a large library or book/magazine store there might be Linux books or magazines with a cd inside..to test it out..
I found some many years ago in our library.

The Linux Live CD's are the ones you can run from the CD drive & see if you like it before installing anything. Like make sure wifi/internet connects and that you can navigate around in the program..they will be slower that way, but if you like it then you can click the install icon..
Most that I mention have every easy install, gives you options of wipe/format all & install, or install side by side with your windows and you can choose at boot screen which to use.. (dual boot) etc..
For Live cd - If you don't like it just shut down & remove the cd..

This page shows the top Linux and you can finds screen shots and such , I am most familiar now with Mint Mate, Zorin, Ubuntu/Lubuntu/Xbuntu ( lighter versions of Ubuntu) Linux Lite..
DistroWatch.com: Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD.
"Thanks for this!" says:
zygopetalum (04-01-2017)