View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 07:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default The "circle" of RSD life...

I wrote this and rec'd the reply....the links were usless. Note:it is suposedly a "research " branch??? It took me in a circle that led nowhere....
At least I tried I guess! *scratchin' head*

----------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: June 27, 2007 3:39 AM
To: support@researchnet-recherchenet.ca
Subject: research?

Is there, in Canada, any research done for RSD-reflex sympathetic dystrophy, or, also called CRPS- chronic regional pain syndrome ?

And if there isn't, WHY?

I have the disease, live in Alberta, and so many Canadian doctors don't know about this disease.

We can't get treated properly by our doctors is they don't know about it!

How do we get the medical government to do research on this disease?

Thank you for your time.

Jan
----------------------------------------------------------------reply ;
----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Jan

Thank you for your inquiry to the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR). CIHR is the Government of Canada's agency for health research funding which we provide to more than 10,000 health researchers and trainees located in universities, hospitals and research facilities throughout Canada. CIHR also assists these institutions in communicating their research activities to the media, and ultimately to the Canadian public.

Although we provide funding for health research through a competitive peer review process, CIHR does not perform any research itself. Thus, CIHR is not in a position to provide details surrounding research results generated by those whom we fund, nor can CIHR provide advice on medical, behavioural or social aspects of such research.

If you are looking for information relating to health, I suggest that you:

1) Contact the university / hospital / institution cited in the article which performed the research.

2) Contact your health care provider (e.g., physician) who may be able to provide you with suitable resources.

3) Refer to the Health Canada website at
http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/

Health Canada's website provides client-centred and current resources, services and research intended to help the people of Canada maintain and improve their health: includes health advisories, warnings and recalls, news releases, surveillance and monitoring of drugs, food, chemicals, pesticides, medical devices and consumer products, health promotion, disease prevention, scientific research and documentation about Canada's health care system and health policies.

4) Refer to the Canada Health Network website at
http://www.canadian-health-network.ca/

The Canadian Health Network (CHN) is a growing network, bringing together the best information resources of leading Canadian and international health organizations.

I regret that staff at CIHR are unable to provide further answers to your questions, and I hope that the above mentioned sources of information are useful to you.

Best regards,

Terry Barrett

Research Funding Programs Information Officer / Agente de l'information pour les programmes de financement de la recherche Research Portfolio / Portefeuille de recherche

Tel: 613-954-1968 1-888-603-4178

Email: info@cihr-irsc.gc.ca

Canadian Institutes of Health Research / Instituts de recherche en santé du Canada

160 Elgin St. Room 97, Address Locator 4809A, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0W9 / 160 rue Elgin, Pièce 97, Indice de l'adresse 4809A, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0W9

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. /Ce courriel (de même que les fichiers joints est strictement réservé à l'usage de la personne ou de l'entité à qui il est adressé et peut contenir de l'information privilégiée et confidentielle. Toute divulgation, distribution ou copie de ce courriel est strictement prohibée. Si vous avez reçu ce courriel par erreur, veuillez nous en aviser sur-le-champ, détruire toutes les copies et le supprimer de votre système informatique.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hippyhair is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote