Thread: New neurologist
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 01:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Almost forgot with all else that is going on, but I met with the pain management doctor who agreed that it was most likely time for the baclofen pump. He was rather shocked at how well I move with just how spastic my muscles are. When he was just doing the initial interview type phase of the exam he was naturally telling me how radical the surgery was... likes to started out with the most minimally invasive treatments, yada yada... then moved into the physical exam and instantly changed his entire tone. As tends to happen most of the time when I see my doctors over the spasms, but my muscles did help me out a little bit more than usual as a few Charlie horses in the toes decided to act up and he got to visually see the toes being contorted by the spasms.

So he got on the phone with my neuro and basically told him in no uncertain terms that the baclofen pump is my next line of treatment since clearly they are far worse than what my records led the pain management doctor to believe. So now I'm just waiting till the can get me in for my trial and pray it will work, though pain doc said even if it doesn't have the "desired" effect that it probably won't prevent them from putting the pump in anyways as they can then play around with any combination of medication to give me relief hopefully and in ways that they just can't do through taking the medications orally. I'm just sooo glad that silliman now seems to understand what I was talking about. So that's a great relief that next time I see him maybe he won't be so much to the patronizing attitude but will actually listen 👂 to what I'm saying and not just fob me off
bddouglas (03-30-2017), ger715 (04-06-2017), nemsmom (03-29-2017)