View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 10:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes...I had LOTS of vision issues for a while when my RSD was spreading and got worse. Blurry vision, double vision...it was awful. We ruled out every other possible explanation before deciding it was caused by the RSD. This can happen because our sympathetic nervous system is out of whack and that controls blood pressure...which in turn can cause vision problems when it's going up and down or having wild swings. The doctor put me on clonidine patches...and problem solved. Seriously...within a week I think everything was better on that front. The big thing I had to keep in mind with the patches though was to make sure I avoided being out in the sun/warm weather too long...because heat can cause more meds to be released from the patches and then that can cause problems with the regulating of blood pressure.

I recommend getting it checked out to rule out other causes...but yes RSD can cause the blurry vision and for me the solution was clonidine patches to get it under control. I went off the patches when I got pregnant and haven't needed to go back on them...but the issues started when my RSD was spreading unchecked and the condition worsening.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Littlepaw (03-31-2017), RSD ME (03-31-2017), Shay08 (04-03-2017)