View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 09:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Jo*Mar, I am proud you like Linux but it will never take over windows. It is much harder to learn for most people plus nobody can help much on it as it has very little of the computer market. Probably never will.

Windows is here to stay and to be honest windows 10 is a great operating system. I have been working on computers for almost 20 years.

In the last 10 years I have got no malware or viruses. You just have to learn how to stay safe and don't click on bait. Watch opening unknown emails and just use common sense.

I have a laptop with windows 7 and I have no antivirus or malware programs loaded. It is still as fast as the day I installed the SSD. I just user it to pay bills and never go to any websites.

On my desktop I use what Charter supplies for free. F-Secure which is a top notch program. Never been infected on this desktop .

I have tried all the versions of Linux and I agree, it is a good operating system but for the everyday user I would never recommend it. I actually have a spare hard drive with Linux Mint loaded that I use on occasion just to play around with it but I had rather user windows any day. Just my take on this.

I sure would not want to confuse zygopetalum and tell her to install Linux and her problems would be gone for good. Virus writers do not target Linux because it has a low market share. Let it become the main operating system people use and the problems would show up with Linux like windows does now.

Cheers Tom
threeputt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
zygopetalum (04-01-2017)