View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 08:44 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Mark and Bud thank you for responding.

So I am still going through the same symptoms, I really find that long intense conversations and working for long periods of time on the computer which requires lots of concentration gives me a very tired feeling, headache, pressure in the head and confusion. I really hope that these symptoms will dissipate with time.

Something else I wanted to ask you guys, but forgot to address it in my OP. 3 weeks in after my initial concussion, and 1 week after my second fall, after which the symptoms intensified, I was working around my house continuing to do renovations in my basement. At some point I was hammering away, I was really going at it trying to push a 2x6 in place, I realized that I was getting pretty dizzy. I tried to brush it off for a second but then again, when I tried to focus on something, I would get very bad vertigo. So I dropped everything and went upstairs, my vertigo was soo bad I had to hold on to the walls in order to make my way into the bedroom. I started to stress about it, because this vertigo wasn’t going away even after half an hour of lying down in my bed. I remember closing my eyes and everything was still spinning out of proportion, sort of similar to feeling when you are trying to fall asleep after heavy drinking, of course it has been years since I have experienced that

After couple of hours I finally fell asleep and when I woke up in the morning, I still felt some dizziness but it wasn’t as severe as last night's vertigo. My girlfriend made me go to the ER that morning, after explaining to her my recent history, she examined me for traditional symptoms of concussion. In the end she said that it was unlikely relating to my concussion, but rather it could have been cause by inner ear (vestibular) problems. Anyhow, she did not really give me any answers and told me not to stress and to monitor my symptoms and that was it.

So my question is could that very loud noise from hammering provoked a concussion, although there was no impact with my head? The reason why I ask is my colleague told me that her husband who has been on disability for many years now as a result of a multitude of concussion he got while playing professional hockey back in his twenties, is now so susceptible to concussions that he will get one from a very loud noise, i.e. a loud concert, heavy construction equipment, etc. But is that really possible without sustaining some sort of impact to your head?

Thank you for your time guys!
curiousmind is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote