View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 04:00 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Heart

Hi Debi,

Thanks for your sweet reply. You are always so gifted at saying nice things and making all of us feel good.

I firmly believe the ketamine made a difference for me. It wasn't like flipping a switch but built over a period of ongoing treatment. The pain relief and improvements in swelling and temperature change allowed me to tolerate exercise better (which is known to help CRPS)and tolerate injections to my surgical area to reduce the amount of painful scar tissue I had. It's all really dovetailed to get me where I am now. I feel the ongoing pain reduction from getting boosters has helped my entire system calm down from being pain "ON" all the time. Sometimes I wonder if I still need them but stinging that starts to creep up when I near booster time improves after treatment so I guess I have my answer.

Ketamine is used in various forms for all kinds of neuropathic pain. There are even lozenges and nasal spray. If you're interested in trying low dose outpatient infusions there are some clinics in GA that give it.

Atlanta
Dr. Erik Shaw, Dr. Tobias Mussier
Shepard Pain Institute
Outpatient Ketamine Infusions
Shepherd Center | Spinal Cord & Brain Injury Rehabilitation
(404) 352-2020

Dr. Rollins, Dr. Sheahan
Southeastern Interventional Pain Associates
Ketamine infusions, Blocks, Injections

There is also a ketamine for depression clinic in Gainesville. Sometimes they do infusions for pain too.

I'm really glad I got the allergy testing done and am definitely more well than before. It wasn't pleasant, but considering what our idea of unpleasant is, it's pretty much nothing. The worst part is the intense itching that sets in after the scratch on a substance you're allergic to! Going for injections was time consuming in the beginning when it's building up but now I just go once a month. Some people can get the drops and take them at home but I was allergic to too many things for that to work for me.

Thanks for keeping in touch. I'm happy you started this thread. It's good to see everyone.

Have a beautiful weekend and keep laughing with that grandson. That's priceless.

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (03-31-2017), pinkynose (04-01-2017), St George 2013 (04-08-2017)