View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 08:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Wide-O, I understand that feeling of you've said too much, I'm sorry. This process triggers memories, feelings of regret, loss, angst & perhaps anger. Sadly but honestly, it's what a book will need. We will, all of us who choose to participate will need to dig deep and to be frank, leave nothing unturned.

DB rehab the 2nd time was 4 years later at the same facility. Of DB intake, I was the only carer / family member who attended the weekly evening group sessions. There were 16 in DB group. Your wife Wide-O is not alone and I was told it's extremely common for the partner, mother, or father to refuse to go. I was apprehensive but I will be forever grateful I went. The support they offered during & beyond was immeasurable & I learned so much. There were family members from other previous groups & future groups; some nights there would be as little as 10, other nights we swelled to 22. All had stories to tell & it so helped me ready myself for DB return.

The stories will need to be collated, edited and grouped so each chapter flows. Anyone on here got that experience, or know of someone who can assist? I truly believe we should do this and I'm prepared to help in any way I can. Everyone who contributes should I believe remain anonymous. Our world of today is far too intrusive of people's right to privacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide-O My wife didn't really believe in all that. She refused to attend the sessions with the psychologist. We fell out during my stay. I did so [I
not [/I]need that at that point in time, but later on I understood. Ish. (also the reason why my stay was cut short). This is partly why it is so difficult for me to write about it. I feel I already said too much. Anyway....
coopster (05-14-2017), ger715 (03-31-2017), Wide-O (04-01-2017)