View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 11:42 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Flicker,

When you wrote <deep anethesia> did you mean IV sedation?

There is no set time limit as to how long a patient will stay in the office after the surgery. It depends on the type of medications used in the IV, the type of surgery that was done, the patients medical history, vitals and how they feel once they come out of the anesthesia. Sometimes it's 15-30 minutes, sometimes a bit longer. Some patients will be given a protein or energy shake before they leave, others will not. Every surgeons office has their own post surgery protocol that they follow.

Why do you ask? Are you scheduled for oral surgery?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicker View Post
good evening, Is there a minimun amount of time one should remain in the dental office after having surgery with "deep anesthesia?" 10 minutes? 30 minutes? 1 hour? or does it depend on how one feels and how their vitals are?

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote