View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 06:00 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahlevy View Post
I went to the pain management doctor and he just gave me lidocaine cream, which did nothing. I'm seeing a neurologist now and getting testing done to see if there is anything else wrong with my nervous system. In the meantime I'm up to 400 mg of Neurotin 3 times a day. He wants to switch in Cymbalta for my Wellbutrin as well. I am getting a wheelchair because I can't walk to my classes without wanting to collapse on the sidewalk and start screaming in pain. When I'm home though, I won't use it.
Hi ahlevy -
I agree with the others posting here. I'm sorry you're up against so much and feeling so lousy. I have a few other ideas that have worked for me:
I have found physical therapy to be enormously helpful, additionally I like the book "Why are my nerves so sensitive" by Adriaan Louw - explains how to re-map your brain to manage pain from CRPS (using a technique called graded motor imagery). Since our brains create pain they also can be taught to experience things in no pain situations to decrease pain. Also, the iPad app or book called "protectometer" and iPhone app called "recognize" (I use the foot one) by the noigroup. Their website is also full of good info, As are 2 scientists Butler and Moseley who have done a lot of research on pain and neuroplasticity and on how talking, thinking, speaking about pain can change the brains perception of it. (Over 20 years of research on pain science)
None of these is a "quick fix" but it's helped me a whole lot and I hope it will help you too.🦋
Hotfoot53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (04-04-2017), Shay08 (04-03-2017), visioniosiv (04-02-2017)