View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 10:41 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Question MalwareBytes / Overall Security

Hi ...

I'm new to C & T on this website. I hope someone can offer their guidance:

I am operating on Windows 7; primarily use Google Chrome as a browser, and IE 11.0 as a back-up when I can't open/load things on Google Chrome.

I bought the premium MWBytes last year; then in Feb (I think it was) they put out a new version which ended up giving me problems. Per their instructions, I uninstalled their new version and went back to the old version. Now they are hounding me to install a different new version - which I'm leery about.

My "contract" with them is up in a few days, so now I'm considering going with a total online security suite, but not sure which ones .... I think MWBytes was bought-out by another company; consequently their customer service is not what it used to be.

Is it necessary to have another security program other than Malware detection? I have a very basic MS Security Essentials also ... but I know the protection with this is very minimal.

BTW, I have not encountered any problems with my computer, and I'm hyper-aware of emails/programs, etc. that I open. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.
bchristine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote