View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 03:35 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Flicker,

I agree with you..... it sounds like you were rushed out the door.
To try and prevent that from happening, tell them you felt rushed and want to recover a bit longer before they let you leave.

I also agree that a post op call was warranted. It might have been an oversight on their part. So again, tell them you were surprised not to get a call and ask if they routinely do that.

If you were happy with the oral surgery other than those 2 issues, then you may reconsider not changing. Just make your valid concerns known ahead of time.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicker View Post
Bryanna, I had the surgery last week, it was called deep anesthesia and I had a cocktail mix of versed and fentanal. All my vitals were normal but I feel they let me out way too soon, especailly when compared to how long I've had to stay in recovery rooms for other procedures with lesser anesthesia such a c-scopes.

After the surgery I wan't even able to walk before they put me in a wheelchair and out the door. I told them I wanted to wait a bit and my friend who took me was worried about driving me when I was like that but they told her I was fine. There was about 5 minutes between waking up in the dental chair and pushing me out the door. While my vitals were normal and nothing terrible happened I'm concerned about the lack of time in recovery. I'm scheduled to have more surgery by this dentist next month and frankly I'm concerned and wonder if I should ask my general dentist to refer me to someone else.

And this might sound kind of petty but I'm also concerned that there was no call from the dental office the next day to ask how I am. I've always had these calls after any other surgery or c-scopes or anything along that line. Years ago I worked in a endodontist office and the first thing we did after settling in was to call previous day patients to make sure they were okay.

Like you say all office have their own protocols, not sure theirs and mine are a good match.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote