Thread: New to Forum
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 09:27 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Zette,

I am so sorry for what you're going through. I can't give a full response right now but I wanted to throw this one idea out there. CRPS experts have said that the most important rule out is nerve entrapment. I find it odd if the burning started immediately. Other physical causes must be examined as well. If you haven't had any imaging done such as MRI it may be time to ask for that to be sure there isn't a stress fracture or soft tissue problem.

I would highly recommend seeing a neurologist or a Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation doctor who does nerve conduction or EMG studies. This will tell you if the nerve signal is impaired. In CRPS it usually is not.

I myself had a severe nerve injury that required surgery. (My CRPS symptoms came after a later procedure) I can tell you that for me personally the nerve injury symptoms were very similar and excruciatingly painful. I had the running water/electrical/shooting and stinging sensations as well as color and temperature difference. When they operated they found the nerve was actually torn and scarred down.

Even if you do have CRPS and not entrapment, treating the cause of it can make a difference in your outcome. Keep after your doctor for a referral for someone to check the nerve's function. If there is a peripheral nerve surgeon in your area they can also do something called a scratch collapse test to check.

Don't give up. Listen to your instincts. If nothing else, acceptance is easier knowing you've turned every stone. You deserve a proper evaluation. Know that you're not alone. We all know how scary it is being in pain and not understanding what's happening. Take good care of yourself and hold on to hope.

May you find relief and answers soon,

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (04-03-2017), Hotfoot53 (04-03-2017), RSD ME (04-04-2017), Shay08 (04-03-2017), zette67 (04-27-2017)