View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 10:26 AM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member

I wonder how Vicky's feeling and what caused all that pain.

I wonder why Doody was the only woman with grey hair at her reunion - I suspect it was because she was the only REAL woman present.

I attended my 20th, and I'll never attend another. Like you, most of my friends were older, so there were only a few I wanted to see from school. Most of my friends from school were listed on the "In Memoriam" section. Like you, I got stuck with sitting with the superficial and beautiful people. You're right - they don't change. One woman was going on and on about a baby she adopted from China. It sounded to me like she was describing a new fashion accessory, and her friends reacted like they all HAD to have one too.

It was also my last day of "freedom" - the first time I realized something might be wrong with me. We were posing for a class photo, and my face started twitching. The following Monday I went to LensCrafters for new glasses, and the optometrist freaked out when he looked into my eyes - later said it looked like I had Christmas trees etched into my corneas.

I wonder if Alffe knows my husband and I are being overly nice with each other. He knows if he goes it will be the end of me, and I know what it feels like to be told your life might be near the end.

I wonder how our troops are dealing with the heat in the Middle East. It's close to 130 degrees, and they have to wear all that gear - wish THEY could take a vacation like politicians do. My son will have to go there next May - I wonder how he'll endure such extreme heat.

I wonder if anyone here has ever had a South Side Chicago Rainbow cone. Layer of chocolate, Strawberry, Palmer House (cherry with nuts), Pistachio, and Orange Sherbet - served on a cone with a spatula to give it the "rainbow" effect. It's a South Side standard here, and oh so yummy!
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote