View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 08:30 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default medicine expert needed- neuropathy and asthma

As everyone here knows, I'm pretty much left on my own with managing my condition.
Along with my full body neuropathy came asthma. It occurs almost religiously in the mornings about 1/2 after I get up and try to start moving, or when I am in humid warm or cold air, or try to exercise. To deal with this I have ventolyn and pulmicort. The propellant in symbicort gives me a hard time, so that is why I take these pumps separately.

My symptoms might be a combination of vasomotor neurological problems. Seems like its coming from my nervous system vs a regular asthma thing. I'm pretty sure of it. Also, due to my autonomic problems, I have gastro issues and wonder if it is some kind of a silent reflux. Everything seems to go haywire, and there are so many issues. I try to get my kids ready for school and my breathing is so winded like I ran a mile when I'm trying to pack lunch. IT is ridiculous.
The ventolyn helps to open me up and let me cough up plegm, but then it worsens the rhinitis for a while. I don't know if the pulmicort is even doing anything but at this point, with this problem every day now, I've accepted that it is some kind of strange asthma so I do two puffs of it. It definitely doesn't make me worse, and i have no side effects from the low dose.

So I'm looking for any advice or opinions.

Also, I'm supposing that the ventolyn works as a vasoconstrictor to work as a bronchodilator. I realize that my dysautonomia leads to terrible vasodilation all over my body which causes blood pooling, weakness, dizziness, etc.... so thats probably why I can't breath correctly. I wonder.... if a vasoconstrictor by mouth might actually solve so many problems all around for me. Isn't that at least interesting? I am researching and there are tons of vasoconstrictors. I tired midodrine and it wasn't helping, but there are other options. Who would I even talk to about it? Cardiology? Allergist? Seems like one little pill could do everything I need to get through the day. Help breathing, help raise bp, tighten veins, shrink swollen vessels. What do y'all think?
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote