View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 11:41 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahlevy View Post
I went to the pain management doctor and he just gave me lidocaine cream, which did nothing. I'm seeing a neurologist now and getting testing done to see if there is anything else wrong with my nervous system. In the meantime I'm up to 400 mg of Neurotin 3 times a day. He wants to switch in Cymbalta for my Wellbutrin as well. I am getting a wheelchair because I can't walk to my classes without wanting to collapse on the sidewalk and start screaming in pain. When I'm home though, I won't use it.
Sorry the lidocaine cream didn't work for you. It didn't help me either, but at least your doctor tried. Let's hope for the best with the Neurontin and possibly Cymbalta. I think that most of us have gone through trials of a variety of medications to find something that works.

The wheelchair should help you deal with your classes and as I mentioned previously you still have to keep moving, so make sure you don't give in to the temptation at home to start using it. I personally know how tempting that can be. Stay strong. Hope you feel some improvement soon.
Shay08 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hotfoot53 (04-03-2017), RSD ME (04-04-2017)