Thread: New to Forum
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 08:34 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zette67 View Post
Hello,

I'm new to the forum so I would appreciate any response to assist me. I fell down some stairs at work and the first thing I felt was immediate horrible burning in my foot/ankle and it hasn't gotten any better it's actually moving up my lower leg. Because I fell at work they MADE me use Workmans Compensation and I wasn't able to see a doctor until a month later. I have the horrible burning I mention, pin/ needles, I have surges of pain shooting from my foot up my leg, my foot at times seems frozen to the touch. My ankle will not move at all and I can't put any pressure on my foot. Now I developed something that looks like brown bruises going up my leg and it's painful. It feels like I always have something crawling on my foot/ankle,I have discoloration where my skin is red/green/bluish like color, it's constantly swollen and I can't bare to touch it.
Here's my problem when I saw the doctor initially he said it was CRPS and he set me up with Pain Management and Physical Therapy, I had two blocks and one blocked helped for a day it did not stop the burning at all. Workman's Compensation requested a Bone Density Test on me , I got the results back the next day that said based on the Bone Density Test Results that I did not have CRPS. Now the doctors are telling me nothing wrong with me, the Pain Management doctor refused to see me. My condition seems to be deteriorating day by day. My muscles in my left foot/leg are so tight until it's extremely painful on top of everything else.

My question is The Bone Density Test is or isn't the only component in diagnosing CRPS. I will attach recent pictures to my text message.

Thank you,

Zette67
Zette-
I feel for you! And I agree with the others- you need to have good medical care now and an attorney to protect your right to treatment. My doctor didn't do bone density and I have been diagnosed with osteopenia before the CRPS.
He was looking for my foot to heal after surgery and could see the decreasing bone density over the healing period since he took a half a dozen X-rays. I later asked my pain MD about bone density and he wasn't too interested because the goal has been to get me up and on my foot since the weight bearing should help the bone density. The doctor treating you is uninformed. Comp docs do make stuff up to suit their function, you need someone with your interests as your treatment provider. I have tons of photos of my foot (and both feet for comparison)- they were helpful when my foot looked great the first day I met with my pain doctor, but the pictures alone are difficult to use for diagnosis- there are so many reasons why feet can change appearance. You do need to have them check for the other conditions mentioned in the other posts. My best to you.
Hotfoot53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (04-04-2017), zette67 (04-27-2017)