View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 10:10 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

MarkinIdaho, Bud, and ConcussedEngineer,

Thank you for taking your time to respond to my questions, I really appreciate it. Thankfully I have not experienced vertigo since that hammering incident, but if it happens in the future I will try that maneuver everyone seems to talk about.

I wanted to ask the experienced folks whether you think it is not harmful to the concussed brain to do physical activities around the house, ie. working on the renovations, lifting things, moving around, lifting my head up and down, using some power tools (I started to wear ear protection when operating loud tools, thanks to your advice and I wear a helmet on at all times when I am working). I have noticed that I get a headache and feel way more exhausted after several hours in front of the computer, writing documents, emailing and reading (my office job), than from working around the house, doing renovations. Do you think, it is ok for the brain to continue this way (doing renovations few hours after work) if I don't get too many symptoms from it?

I find that concentrating on intense conversations and generally prolonged mental concentration intensifies my brain fog and a headache.

Also, is it recommended to introduce light physical exercise, such as light weight lifting, pushups, pullups, etc?

Thank you!
curiousmind is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote