View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 03:23 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnt View Post
A paper [1] by Sampson et al, which is behind a paywall, has some interesting findings.

"Synucleinopathies are characterized by aggregation of the protein α-synuclein (αSyn), often resulting in motor dysfunction as exemplified by Parkinson’s disease (PD). Using mice that overexpress αSyn, we report herein that gut microbiota are required for motor deficits, microglia activation, and αSyn pathology. Antibiotic treatment ameliorates, while microbial re-colonization promotes, pathophysiology in adult animals ... Indeed, oral administration of specific microbial metabolites to germ-free mice promotes neuroinflammation and motor symptoms. Remarkably, colonization of αSyn-overexpressing mice with microbiota from PD-affected patients enhances physical impairments compared to microbiota transplants from healthy human donors."

Power to the poo!

Blackfeather do you have an update of your faecal transplant experiences?

Reference

[1] "Gut Microbiota Regulate Motor Deficits and Neuroinflammation in a Model of Parkinson’s Disease
Timothy R. Sampson et al.
Cell, Dec 2016
http://www.cell.com/action/showImage...2816%2931590-2

John
I tried a series of 3 fecal flora transplant over 3 successive day's. It appeared there was improved bowel function for about a week, but didn't last. I believe one needs to do more than 3, maybe 10 to be successful. Would also help to sterilize the gut and then do an implant. That is how Dr Thomas Borody does it. He uses antibiotics to cleanse the gut. Mine was a do it yourself attempt. For some people that can work. Check out the Bio Collective. They are doing a lot of work with analysing the gut microbiome. Also you may want to look at a YouTube video of a Ted talk by Martha Carlin about poo.
Blackfeather is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anagirl (04-04-2017), johnt (04-05-2017)