Thread: KathyM
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 11:37 AM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Heart KathyM

Kathy I can't even imagin how terrifying it must be to live each day with that hanging over your head. I so admire you for your courage and I kinda like that fella you're living with although I don't know him as well as I feel like I know you. I wanted to tell you that I love you and remind you that you can talk about how you are feeling here with this other family of yours. I pray that we will be out of Iraq before next May.

I thought of you this morning while reading the newspaper. Here is a letter from the Voice of the People page.

"According to an under-reported news item, Native Americans will be the lucky recipients of 2,000 unused FEMA trailers. There are reportedly some 90,000 homeless or "underhoused" native people.

The worst act of terrorism committed on American soil was not 9/11, it was the atrocities perpetrated against the American Indians. The white man stole their land, murdered and starved them, brought them disease and alcoholism and herded them onto reservations. Now they are to be housed in these formaldehyde-saturated fire traps.

"60 Minutes" featured a segment last fall that showed congressmen bemoaning the high cost of living in Washington, D.C. Since there are around
10,000 of these unused trailers, why not make these deluxe accommodations available for our elected officials? To free up even more housing for permanent residents, lobbyists and visiting dignitaries could luxuriate in them. Instead of Camp David, why not Camp FEMA?

FEMA's moronic idea rubs salt in the wounds left by the odious history of the Trail of Tears and Wounded Knee. The myth of shining city on a hill is lacking in luster."

Janet Collins

More hugs in case you missed the first one.

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote