View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 05:13 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
When I did this, I had a perfect storm of conditions that made the drop much worse. I thought it was a ramp so I did not expect the drop. It was a tall curb from a sloped sidewalk. I was carrying a large garbage bag so my back was arched and my head was back so there was no normal S curve in the spine to absorb any of the impact. I jarred my pelvis, back and neck and messed up my shoulder. It required physical therapy for my pelvis, back and shoulder. I also knew I had rung my bell with this event.

Since then, I did an unexpected step off a front porch but without my back arched and noticed the jolt but did not suffer any symptoms at all.
Well, thank you very much for your responses. I began feeling much better and more reassured about that incident since creating this thread.

It seems I just can't catch a break though- Yesterday I hit my head against a car headrest. right in the spot where I hit my head when I fainted in November. I immediately felt a jolt and felt okay the rest of the day and I tried to forget it. Yet today I seem to spiraling further and further backwards. **

Last edited by Jomar; 04-07-2017 at 09:12 PM. Reason: per guidelines
nickd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote