View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 09:57 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Be careful with benzos like Ativan. Occasional use like for an MRI is OK but don't let anybody suggest routine use of benzos.

Before you start an SSRI from your psychiatrist, ask the chiro neuro if they suggest any supplements. I take 5-HTP and L-Theanine as a replacement for an SSRI that I had taken for 14 years. The side-effects of an SSRI can be a big problem so don't take that decision lightly.

Keep in mind that chiro neurology only helps those who fit a specific injury profile. They don't tell you about the many patients who are not helped but spend up to $10,000 for treatment.

What symptoms are you still experiencing that you are seeking treatment for ?
Severe cognitive overload, brain fog, fatigue.. I can barely tolerate leaving my house. Can't be social for more than an hour or two. I thrive off of social interaction, so this kills me. I miss enjoying life. I'm brutally depresssed and scared. Im afraid that I won't be able to go to college, afraid I'm going to lose my friends.

I'm 9-10 months in since this started in July, and 5 months from my most recent head injury (the faint). I have done this PCS thing for a total of 17 months if you count my first battle with it in 2015, from which I recovered 100%. God, I was so happy when I recovered. I still can't believe I'm doing this all over again. That's what hurts the most. I feel like I blew my second chance.

The plus sides are that my balance is perfect, and while I do get headaches, they are not constant and only result from overstimulation or over exertion. It's mostly the brain fog and fatigue that's killing me

Also, what do you mean by specific profile?

Last edited by nickd; 04-07-2017 at 10:21 PM.
nickd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote