View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 12:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I just weaned myself off of Selegiline, which is just another brand name. I have been taking it for two years, given NO dietary restrictions. Also should not be taken with amitriptylene which I have been on for over 30 years.

The reason I have stopped is I am desperate to try and find some relief from some side effects which may or may not be due to the med, but I have to try because the doctors are of litle help or sympathy. I have macular degeneration (I accept that) but I constantly have flashing stars (as if you had a sparkler in front of you). My neuro suggested Charles Bonnet Syndrome and the cause of that is frequently Parkinson's meds. Also Selegiline can cause blurry vision.

A new problem is high blood pressure, very unusual for me. Supposedly interactions with certain food can cause this. So far my BP has dropped down to normal since stopping the Selegiline.

Next month I am seeing another new neurologist (they keep leaving this area). I will see what he recommends I do.

I didn't notice much improvement while taking the med. Curious if any one notices any benefits?
Jazziecat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote