Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
'Thinking about my siblings. . .

Three of us have
mood issues that we deal with somewhat with varying degrees of success.
One has
dealt with lots of anxiety but does not seem to have the mood stuff.

Maybe they would tell me that they are happy and fine at the moment,
but we have hard lives. . . . .
. . .trying to get by /function/work/act normal /hold a job/stay out of jail/keep up with general health issues. . . .

Two are raising kids somewhat (ha!) successfully.

I am depressed and feeling trapped and frustrated about not being able
to deal with learning how to sleep..

=-=-
During periods when my sleep kind of worked for me, mood stuff was less of an issue.

M

My brother and sister also have mood issues/mental health problems. On the surface my sister seems to have her life together, but at closer inspection, she could use a good deal of help, which she has always refused. My brother has always had a very bad temper and dealt with his problems with alcohol and avoidance. It's possible he's been able to deal with his alcohol problem in the couple of years since I've seen him. After all, I have.

I can't imagine how stressful it must be to just struggle every night to try to "perform," never mind have to get through every day running on fumes. I can definitely see how your mood would suffer

I get very frustrated with my own health problems. I think that "trapped" would be a good way to put it.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (04-10-2017), Dmom3005 (04-10-2017), Mari (04-10-2017), mymorgy (04-10-2017)