View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 02:09 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Concerned with symptoms

I am in need of some advice/opinions – I am going to see the neurologist on Thursday.

Here is a little background.
I am a 29 yr old female – relatively healthy.

About 6-7 years ago I went to the doctor with symptoms of weakness – arm/hands & legs/feet felt heavy & full body numbness.
I was out and all of the sudden I became weak were I could not even pick up change out of my wallet.
Met with a neurologist – had a nerve conduction study – just with the patches not the test were they insert the needles into your muscles – results were nothing
Had an MRI of spinal cord & brain - Nothing conclusive. They found a few things in my brain that my GP said could just be “ditzles” (whatever that means) and could just be my brain and that my weakness was “perceived.”
This ended up going away after a few months.

I can’t recall since it has been so long sometime after that first episode I have a numb patch of skin. Graze my hands on that area and no feeling.

1 ˝ ago – same symptoms. New neurologist – just did a basic in office exam. I.e. raise your arms, squeeze my fingers and check your reflexes.
He said there was absolutely nothing wrong with me.
I ended up going to the chiropractor since my spine was out of alignment. Seemed to help – symptoms went away after a few months.

I have had tremors for about 10 years. These happen not at rest but after I try to straighten out my hand, I carrying something heavy or under stress.

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago.
I notices weakness in my right arm in the push up position and within 4 days it spread to both arms. I also am getting muscle spasms/fasciculations in arms and legs.
Also Stiffness; aching; cramping, (feeling like someone is squeezing my arms) and noticeable weakness. I had to drive 1 1/2 home and it was very challenging.
It is hard to do basic things like drink out of a mug, wash my hair or put on makeup. They are extremely fatigued and in pain.
Even when I lay down and not move they still hurt. Over the weekend it was cold and especially my thumbs stop working and when I made a fist it was searing pain on the top of my hand to my fingers.
It has affected my legs as well – they felt heavy but over this weekend they have felt weak and sore – almost like a cramp or that you did a really hard work out.

The last few days it has gotten worse – hard to even type without my forearms giving me trouble.
No breathing/swallowing/eating/talking issues

So far I have had blood tests – all normal
Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate
CBC, DIFF
Vitamin D (Fine but a little low.)
Vitamin B12 (Fine but a little high)
CRP, HIGH SENSITIVITY
ANA REFLEX COMPREHENSIVE PANEL
THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE
COMPREHENSIVE METABOLIC PANEL

X-Ray of upper spine – only comments were on my ecare online account – “No bony issues”
All of this has me extremely confused since I was completely healthy – able to exercise and live life normally and this all came quickly and seemingly out of the blue.

Any thoughts?!?

Crystal
CrystalAnn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tkrik (05-10-2017)