View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 02:48 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

kacw,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Sorry to hear your daughter is struggling.

If she develops a head ache after just an hour of screen time, she needs to give her brain more time to heal. Some have used F-Lux to lower the brightness of the computer screen. She might benefit from an assessment by a behavioral optometrist. NORA.cc Health Care Locator Custom may have a listing for your area.

Some computer displays and video cards have ways to change the brightness and refresh rate (Hz) Some have used tinted or glare shields.

Elavil (amitriptyline) is commonly used at a low dose that is below the normal anti-depressant benefit level, often before bed because it can help with insomnia. I agree with your caution at her age.

I strongly suggest you consider her recovery as a priority over maintaining her class work. She can always catch up but many will try to push on with school work and end up with a delayed recovery with poor grades during that extended time.

Head aches are her brain saying, "Stop doing that." Find the level of effort that she can do without triggering head aches can be a struggle but it is well worth it. Masking head aches with pain relievers can allow her to over-do it and delay her recovery.

Have you made any decisions about her future soccer play? Reducing aggressive play and headers can be very important. Reducing her risks can have life long implications.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote