View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 10:11 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks. It's been about a week and a half since I was discharged from the hospital. I was doing so well, but my symptoms are coming back again, so I had to contact my neurologist last night. It looks like I'll be going back to the hospital to have some sort of port implanted, and then do additional plasmapheresis treament(s).

IVIG really helped me for about two years. I don't know why it stopped working.

It's been so long...I'm embarrassed to say that I am not 100% sure which symptoms I had first. I think I had problems with vision and breathing before my generalized weakness became so pronounced.

When I first came home from the hospital, it was amazing! I don't know if other people have this feeling, but when I walk, it feels as though my legs have concrete blocks on them. They feel so heavy and it is so hard to move them. For a number of days, they felt light, and it was so much easier to walk, as they did before I had symptoms. It was amazing! But now they are back to having that concrete feeling, and they are unpredictable. It is really hard to walk. I am having other symptoms also, but hopefully the treatment will help. Best wishes to everyone out there who has MG. Keep on keeping on!

Take care,
Erin
ErinBear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (04-14-2017)