View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 12:30 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

I just don't have patience right now for stupidity (the neuro). Life is too short.

All diseases have signs, symptoms, markers, and gold standards for proof. MG is no different. Yet it seems as though neuros are the ones who aren't standardized.

"Regular" neuros don't seem to "get" MG. They think that if a patient doesn't have perfect test results then they couldn't possibly have it. Okay, then what else causes fatigable weakness that improves with Mestinon, steroids/immunosuppression, IVIG, and plasmapheresis?!

Your neuro is insecure. If he cannot handle another doctor diagnosing you, then he doesn't have the backbone to do that either. No, I don't know him. But I know many doctors just like him.

I'm not mincing words. This situation with MGers not being diagnosed when they obviously have MG has gone on long enough. The neurological community needs to get their collective crap together.

When you see Dr. Weiss, it will be like a breath of fresh air. It will be more difficult to diagnose you, since you are on Pred. Which is one reason why I warn off newbies from taking that unless they absolutely have to. Until a patient is fully diagnosed with MG, life can be brutal after that if there isn't enough proof. But I am sure he will still be able to give you an honest assessment that isn't mired down in prejudice, bias, and other nonsense.

You'll be okay. Trust your instincts. Find help when you need it. Take it easy until you have more help. Stay away from germs and that Florida heat!!!

Annie

Last edited by AnnieB3; 04-11-2017 at 07:21 PM.
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ErinBear (04-11-2017), Jane1 (04-11-2017)