Thread: My New Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 07:11 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I don't mind going to the laundromat. The problem is hauling anything there. That quilt alone is very heavy. If I still could, I would do all my laundry there like I used to do before I became handicapped. I could wash, dry, fluff, and fold a week's worth of laundry in about 2 hours (it would take me much longer now tho) for much less money than I spend doing it here. I wouldn't want to do it with my husband. He's SO impatient and unpleasant with such things, it's worth the hassle doing it here, and I guess I have plenty of free time.

I called registration yesterday to get the MRI scheduled and will have it done tomorrow morning.

I saw my PCP yesterday and he was fixated on my meds again, "you're on so many medications we have no idea what they're doing to you." I agreed... they can do damage beyond sedation. There have been no recent med changes tho, there has been a rather sudden increase in my fatigue and cognitive issues, and I don't know where the night sweats are coming from. I'm still dealing with the cough I've had for several months that we're blaming on asthma, so he ordered a chest X-Ray. And he ordered some miscellaneous blood work. He couldn't get the results of my thyroid level my neuro had drawn, so he will put in a request for that (if he remembers).

I am on a ton of heavy meds, and I know that they have to be contributing to my fatigue and cognitive problems, but I have a good idea of what my baseline is, and I don't know why he can't understand that. I left my PCP's office feeling like he was only looking at my med list and I wasn't being taken seriously, and that's exactly why I didn't want to do see him with fairly non-specific symptoms of something.

He said he wants me to call him before anyone puts me on anymore meds. I didn't mention it at the time, but that's an unreasonable request given the severity of my mental health problems. 7 out of the 9 meds I take a day are psych meds and I don't take them out of any sort of enjoyment. I would love to just start from scratch, so I'm taking the bare minimum, but that would be dangerous.

After I had the X-Ray done, the tech told me they would have the results (last night) and if it was something serious they would call me, otherwise my doctor will call me (today). I don't take that as a sign that there's anything wrong tho. I figure she's probably naive and unaware of how doctor's offices actually operate.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (04-12-2017), Dmom3005 (04-12-2017), Mari (04-12-2017)