View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 06:52 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Stop tracking or measuring your symptoms.
A single chiro adjustment will not make a difference unless you have a locked up back. The idea that you tracked how you felt after a chiro adjustment suggests you are too focused on tracking symptoms.

When you say 'socialize with friends,' what does that mean ? Going to a club ? Large groups with lots of voices ? Noisy environments ? Have you tried wearing foam ear plugs in environments with lots of voices ? You can still hear nearby voices with them.

What do you mean by exercise ? Are you doing cardio with a targeted heart rate ?

Can you watch a Crackle (free) or Netflix or Hulu or YouTube program on a computer with ear buds ?

Are there some types of TV programs that you tolerate better than others ?

My concern is that you have over-sensitized yourself to the slightest appearance of a symptom. Once you notice it, anxiety kicks in and magnifies it 10 fold. Many of us live with PCS symptoms at a 2 or 3 level. If we let them frustrate us, that frustration anxiety will quickly push those symptoms to an 8 or 9 intensity.
By socializing with friends, I mean anything from sitting around a quiet room with a few friends or going to restaraunt. Can't handle any of it.

Can't really handle computers too well. I seem to tolerate the smart phone better than my lap top. Maybe because I don't have to move my eyes as much

As for TV, early on in the recovery I could handle football games somewhat decently. But just the other day I couldn't even tolerate watching the Masters (probably as low stimulation tv as you can get) for more than a few minutes. That's part of when my fear of a new unrealized injury really began to increase. I know it's probably irrational but I just don't understand it

As for exercise, Im just attempting to walk down the street and back. The goal is to get to 20. I still have yet to get there though.

Finally, yeah I believe the anxiety is a big part of it. I just have a really really hard time eliminating it. Hopefully once I get medication I can see a difference here

Also, if what you say about chiro results not being possible in one visit, then perhaps my issues are more neck/crrvical than brain? That would be nice. Maybe I'm just grasping at straws.

As always, thank you. From the bottom of my heart
nickd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AeroDan (07-20-2018)