View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 09:03 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickd View Post
I can't do the quiet room with my friends because of my speaking. Conversation is very difficult. My brain becomes fatigued and overloaded.

Interesting point on the TVs. Only have HDs in the house but maybe I can turn down the resolution?

Apologies for not clarifying on the 20. 20 minutes is the current goal. I want to do 20 minutes every day but I can barely do half of that, and still feel a symptom increase

Looking forward to getting an SSRI. I have an appt with my psychiatrist next week. I was debating whether I wanted to get it up till now, and was putting off that appointment. Now I'm ready.
Hey Nick, sorry to hear about all of your symptoms brother, you and I have very similar cases and we seem to be near the same age (I'm 20). Got a skull fracture/TBI (no coma) when I was 13, seemed like I fully recovered In a couple months. Then in December 2015 I got completely knocked out on the asphalt by a few guys and pounded for a good amount of time after I was out cold (woke up in ER next morning barely recognizable) . What worries me now is what seems to be an increasing sensitivity to movement. I have to monitor how my feet touch the ground, can't move my head to fast or I will DEFINITELY feel it, cars bumps are jarring, but with my 220lb frame it seems like my feet touching the ground gives my head the biggest jolt. I am trying everything and will absolutely not give up, if I keep going on this way it won't be much of a life at all. Just paid for 40 visits at a hyperbaric place near my house (I'll keep u
Posted) on that, I am doing extensive research on the stem cells (hopefully that will help with the over sensitive head, luckily parents will pay for treatment) . I am trying to get a lot of rest, head movement excrsizes, powerful DHA fish oil, magnesium, d3, lots of fresh Turmeric and curcumin supplements, literally devoting my life to trying to heal. I think we should keep in touch we can use the support of each other. I think it's pretty rare two guys who aren't even old enough to drink yet can't even move their head swiftly without getting jarred, sad stuff but I feel like not giving up is the key. Can't wait to hear back from you man, God bless

Sincerely, Trevor
trevorh92626 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
KimberlyDorsett (05-20-2017)