View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 06:09 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

Just wanted to update you all. Prior posts were correct, I have 2 things going on. A sort of double crush on my nerves. I have been diagnosed with carpal tunnel. Without the inflammation from the chemo, I might never have had symptoms. However, the narrow space caused the additional nerve compression, and thus, extreme pain, especially at night, when inflammation is worse.
The wrist bands and supports don't work, but steroids did help. While on a temporary 2 week dose of oral steroids, I got cordizone shots in both tunnels. Hopefully this will manage the pain until il the inflammation from the chemo is reduced, in a few months. If not, I guess, snip snip!
I still have tingling and numbness in fingers and sometimes toes (from the chemo), but the pain has been managed and I can finally sleep. I'm hoping the neuropathy also subsides eventually, although in many cases it is permanent.
Oh and , no hot baths either. That made my neuropathy worse. Oh well, I guess cool showers will have to be the norm.

Take care all. : )
Funnyfingers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (04-14-2017)