Thread: My New Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 07:11 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

My pharmacist(s) have checked for drug interactions, and I have as well. Obviously a lot of them can cause sedation, especially in some combinations, but that's unavoidable. My pdoc recognizes that they contribute to my fatigue, but she is aware of my baseline and tolerance. She knows me well, and can tell when something is wrong physically. She's the one who urged me to see my neurologist in the first place.

All the testing my PCP ordered came back okay. I don't know if that includes my thyroid level because I don't know if he requested the results. My neuro ordered it, so I'm sure he will let me know.

I had my MRI yesterday. Because of waiting, my 40 minute appointment took over 3 hours. I reviewed the images when I got home. I'm out of practice, but from what I can see, I have quite a few more lesions than I had on my last MRI. Two lesions, one of which was very large, enhanced after I was given the gadolinium contrast. What that means is that there is significant inflammation present and I'm probably in the middle of a relapse.
Other things look different, but I'm not a radiologist or a neurologist. I've decided I'm not going to compare MRI's. I know where my old lesions were, and there are more, and that's what's important. My neurologist is back from vacation on Monday, and if there is something else noteworthy going on, I'm sure I'll hear about it soon enough. I'm looking forward to talking to him about my MRI in general.
I have only viewed the images once, and I'll probably look at them at least once more to try to count them and see if I'm missing anything that I'm capable of interpreting. I wish I had images of my spinal cord, but I don't. Oh well.

I have an appointment with the urologist today at 4. I don't know what to expect and I'm anxious about it.

Yesterday morning I ended up with a cold shower, and when I tried to rinse all the soap off, the lever to change the spray broke off and was left at a setting where water was barely dribbling out... and boy was I thrilled! So, after my MRI I had to go to Lowe's to buy a new one. I'm very indecisive, but I ended up picking one that was husband-approved, so I guess my trip was a success.

When I made the bed this morning, I found cat puke on the back-up comforter just below the pillows. My husband must have missed it because he went to bed so drunk, and I didn't see it because it was dark when I went to bed. It came off fairly easily, but still... Now both the quilt and comforter need to go to the laundromat.
Maybe my husband will come with me this weekend to get everything washed? lol. That's never gonna happen. lol.
Maybe next week will work and I'll feel better. You never know. Stranger things have happened.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (04-14-2017), Dmom3005 (04-16-2017), Mari (04-14-2017), mymorgy (04-14-2017)