View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 07:52 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorh92626 View Post
To Mark and Bud, really appreciate the helpful advice guys, I definitely agree it seems the more you obsess the worse it gets. Had a pretty bad coughing fit a couple hours ago (felt pretty jarring), instead of obsessing like I usually do I just put on a podcast and took my mind off it and seemed to not have any symptom increase. Nowadays I can manage my stress level as long as nothing catastrophic happens (like a fall or a significant jarring). I do wonder (not obsess) how it is near impossible to find any website or neurologist that will acknowledge how people that are dealing with PCS have heads that are ultra sensitive to any kind of inertia or movement. I imagine the neck has something to do with it but there has to be something else going on. Do you guys have any ideas what it might be? Thank you and God Bless

To Nick, we definitely do have a lot in common man and I really appreciate your reply. I so feel you about the college thing, I'm having to hang back at the moment too, taking an online class at the moment but that's it, simply too much going on in a campus environment for our condition right now. That's some good news about the neuroplasticity. How is your memory doing? It seems despite the concussions my memory and speech are pretty unchanged (although short term unimportant thoughts escape me faster and academic tests are more difficult it seems). I did some memory and balance/reflex tests with a neurologist a couple weeks ago and I passed them all relatively easily, so much so that she wouldn't take me seriously about how sensitive I was to movement. I imagine like myself your main concern is this extreme sensitivity to movement or any type of inertia, makes outdoor life somewhat of a dangerous encounter unless you are monitoring your every move. I will keep you posted bro, I'll let you know how I'm feeling after I get a few hyperbaric appointments done (although the 20 minute drive each way might be counter productive) Ill talk to you soon man, God Bless

Sincerely, Trevor
My memory and speech are really bad, unfortunately. I have a lot of cognitive difficulty. My speech isn't very good. I don't slur words, but I don't fare very well in conversations. I struggle to convey thoughts. This drives me *crazy* as I used to be a conversationalist. It's really frustrating, especially with the random increase in symptoms I'm having. I really hope that goes back to normal someday

Granted it's only been 5 months since my last injury
nickd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote