View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 06:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

DB is being an absolute jerk these last few days. As usual when I'm unwell he has his petty temper tantrums. Good Friday I've always had fish, we've had fish for the 25 years we've been married on Good Friday. Last night he came in while I was on the phone to my friend and threw the parcel and bottle of soft drink on the bench, I said good bye to my friend and endured him crapping on for the next 20 minutes about why he couldn't understand how I couldn't drive to get the food because I've got a headache but I could talk on the phone. I dont have just a normal headache. It's severe enough for my GP to want me to be in hospital and I've not driven the car since Tuesday. Well actually I drove it Thursday but I don't remember doing it. I went shopping for Easter eggs, I know I did because I've a vague memory of selecting eggs for DB, mum and the kids and the eggs are here in the house. DB would not have got eggs for my family. Anyhow he has a severe case of the PLOMS.
We had a gardener in to give a quote for doing various things so the house can be cleared up and if necessary sold. DB read the quote and won't have it done because it's things he says he can do. Yes indeed, he could do them, but in order for that to happen he needs to get off of his backside. He spends his days off lying on the bed listening to relaxation, meditation or motivational recordings. I'm sure they are good but I don't think you're meant to spend 12 hours unless your planning on becoming a Buddhist. As soon as one finishes he puts another one on and so the days pass and nothing gets done around the house. On Wednesday morning I moved the 2 large limestone blocks that have needed to be moved for the last 5 years, swept the pathway to the shed clear and in general gave the area a good cleanup. Nothing gets done here unless I do it.
We are supposed to be looking at a house today (to buy) closer to his work, I saw it last week, it would be suitable with a few adjustments made to have security and separation areas for the dogs. The mood he is in (spiteful) I wonder if we will go and yet the move is to help him so there is less work to do around the house & it's closer to work for him. Last night after the throwing of the fish n chips he gabbled on about drinking blah blah blah. I told him some 30 min later he should send an apology to my girlfriend.

Post edit
DB apologised to me for his behaviour & throwing of the food last night, cited difficult past 2 weeks in work training the new dog, carrying the workload of his mate who has been ill and then me falling ill and of course everyone is gabbing on about drink, drink and more drink. I calmly accepted the apology and thanked him for it.
We went and looked at the house, it has much potential, but then on looking at ours, so does ours if we could both commit to doing the things that need doing even if it means spending money to get it up scratch. Once there it's easy to maintain. We came back home with that in mind. 10 minutes in he's horizontal and snoring. I don't really want to sell this house. It's our home and I love it. Maybe instead of celebrating 25yrs marriage I'll just get a handyman in without DB knowing about it...

Last edited by PamelaJune; 04-15-2017 at 03:01 AM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (04-17-2017), kiwi33 (04-15-2017), Wide-O (04-15-2017)