View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 03:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I happened to see a rather good "no it's not "just a headache" you fool" meme earlier this week, explaining why not all headaches are equal.

As for the other things... for me, doing work in the house and the garden have been my way of "zoning out". There's something about physical labor that allows you to completely immerse yourself into it (endorphins?) - and it helped to keep my mind off drinking in the first years.

I'm happy that we had a bit of sun in the last 3 weeks as I could do a lot of work in the garden, clean up the pond and filters, start filters again, manually remove the weeds (talk about mind relaxation...) before they get a chance to take, pruning trees that got too big. I have this wonderful handsaw that cuts through wood like butter. I do have a chainsaw, but don't trust myself with it, and I'm kinda fond of attached limbs, but with this saw I don't even need it. Great way to get rid of some pent up aggression.

It's what I miss most during winter. The hard work also makes me sleep much better, and you see instant results, which is good for someone who loves instant gratification.

If you love your current house, I'd try to stay put. I know all too well how attached you can get to something you built up over the years. There are usually many small companies around that can do the hard garden work without costing a fortune.
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (04-17-2017), kiwi33 (04-15-2017), PamelaJune (04-15-2017)