View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 08:32 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
I have been wanting to say this for a while to make it clear to people that getting approved for disability payments doesn't mean you are on easy street. I am on SSDI and my wife works full time and we are barely making ends meet. We haven't been able to afford a vacation for years now and although I am grateful for what I have I feel like I am barely living.
I agree 100% with you!......I used to make over $8k a month.....Now disabled do to work, I receive a little over 2k...

Between the media, and one of the political partys they want everyone to believe that when your on the government dole your on easy street!

Life is hard enough just living day to day......But juggling bills, and different bills due on different days makes it impossible to save, and just scrap by.

If there is one thing that lights my fuse is when some one says, " wow if I was off all day, I would get so much done"....Yea right, sure you would....Always forgetting how hard it is to the one they insult!
davOD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (04-18-2017), ewizabeth (10-06-2017), jamesgaryicadams (12-02-2017), Mz Migraine (04-18-2017), Shellback (04-15-2017), St George 2013 (04-16-2017)