View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 03:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The reason why I believe the flashing lights/stars are Parkinson's related rather than a visual problem is that even if I close my eyes, I still see the flashing stars. None of the doctors, optholmologists, neuro-optholmologists I have seen, none of them have attempted to look into the causes of my problem nor tried to adjust medications, etc. So I am left with trying to figure out things by myself (and hopefully someone here will know what I am going through. I know a common answer would be to find better doctors but I'm kind of stuck working with who I have. Just to find a new neurologist has taken four months and getting a primary care doctor was nearly no options left but the one I got...nice doctor but just an ordinary family physician.

At present, here is my medications:
Carbidopa/levadopa 25-125 mg (4x)
Amitriptylene .25 mg (1x)

In my attempt to see if medications were the problem, I have eliminated the following:
Selegiline 5 mg. (2x). I weaned myself off of this mid-January
Amitriptylene (reduced from .75 mg to .25 mg (I have taken this 30 years)
Fish Oil, B-12, eye vitamin, Centrum Silver

Nothing changed when I eliminated the above for 3 weeks, so I have started taking the vitamins again. I also stopped Nexium for severe heartburn but switched now to Zantac.

I was temporarly put on Losartan for high blood pressure (never had a BP problem before). When I started experiencing headaches, constantly dripping nose, backache, I complained to my doctor. Saw his PA, she had me stop the Losartan, check my BP once a day for 3 weeks. BP was up and down and in-between. During last visit BP was 118/78 (kind of my normal). So I have eliminated Losartan from the mix.

Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions if needed to figure out what's going on. I do have an abdominal issue going on but am not taking anything for it. This is another thing happening that the doctors have no clue what it is. I had an endoscopy done and everything came back normal other than a hital hernia. Based only on internet search, my daughter thinks it is a condition called Dunbar Syndrome...but we agreed to hold off with this problem until after seeing neurologist.

Thanks very much.
Jazziecat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote