View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 09:05 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Debi.
As far as EMG/nerve study since they're not too bad comparing could be interesting. Of course it won't show SFN. Refresh my memory, did you ever have a punch biopsy?

As far as going to see a neurosurgeon, since their last name is "surgeon," that is what they are trained to do and usually what they recommend. I have to say not all, but most are very pro surgery. SO, with that in mind, I would bring someone with you who would keep you from signing up in the office that day for any surgery. Kinda like when you go to buy a car. The good thing would be you will have more data to consider and in my mind more data is not a bad thing.

I hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by St George 2013 View Post
Well here I go again.......I saw a new PA when I went to my pain doctor this past Monday. She's either gung ho for testing and referring or she's thorough.

Maybe it was good to see someone new in the office for another point of view. Who knows ?

I had the EMG and nerve study done back in 2013 after chemo and the SFN pain started. Of course no PN showing but it did show mild issues with both wrists (carpal tunnel). I had pain in the wrists here and there but nothing major. I am losing the muscle in the fat pad below my right thumb that my Pain Dr noticed long ago and said I needed to have that taken care of. But with the SFN running rampant I never did anything about it.

I've been having trouble with my right wrist the last few months but this past month it's been off the chain pain and swelling. So I mentioned it to the nurse and PA. She asked when my last EGM/nerve study was done and said I really need a new one. Not too happy about that but the last one wasn't too bad so I'll go for it.

I sure did say a lot just to get to me having this test didn't I ? lol

Along with that she had read my recent CAT scans results that included my neck. She's very concerned about the results and wants me to see a neurosurgeon. That was a total SHOCK to me. I do not have any neck pain but she's afraid that something in my neck may be effecting my wrists and the pain I have from the elbows down.

The word neurosurgeon freaks me out since everything I went through with Bubba before losing him.
God knows I miss that man !

My test is scheduled for Tues, April 25th.

Between the 2 appointments I'm a little scared. I know it would be hard for me to ever agree to any surgery. Even on my wrist. The Pain Dr has advised me twice that they would work with whoever does any surgery on me to control my pain. Just scares the heck out of me.

Ok that's it.....feels good to let that out ! Thanks for listening

Debi from Georgia
Littlepaw (04-17-2017), mrsD (04-16-2017), St George 2013 (04-16-2017)