Thread: My New Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 09:35 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I saw the urologist yesterday. I was able to do what I needed to do, so I consider the appointment a success. I'm very relieved
I have to work a couple of issues out, but I think I will be fine.

Some MS lesions go away, but sometimes the white matter and nerves are permanently destroyed leading to "black holes" which can decrease brain volume and can lead to disease progression. Having a lot of those babies is NOT a good thing. I don't know how many I have. I can't ID those on MRI and have never asked how many I have. I imagine I have more now than I did 2 years ago tho.

I've looked at the MRI images a few times. I have a mac and need to use special software, but it's from 2010, so I don't get great images. I can't update it, and I would have to pay A LOT for the new version, so I make do. I'm only good at spotting the fairly obvious and am out of practice, too.

On the radiologist's report from my last MRI, I read that I had a tiny pituitary tumor, but I couldn't see it. I could see it clearly on this one because it's much bigger. It's probably no big deal though because it's isolated to the pituitary gland. 20% of the population has one, they usually don't cause problems, and they're usually benign. I'll ask about it tho.

My neurologist is back in the office Monday. I have an appointment with him May 11th, but the secretary said she'd contact me for an earlier appointment if something turns up that needs to be addressed before then. I don't know if I'll get that call because I don't get treatment (IV steroids) for relapses, and I think the only real discussion would be whether or not I want to start taking medication again. I think he will regard the pituitary tumor as an incidental finding and won't be concerned about it enough to call, if he's concerned at all.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (04-16-2017), Dmom3005 (04-16-2017)